Poverty meets Wealth
Talent meets Recognition
Adversity meets generosity
Triumph meets destiny
Sounds Cynical, Skeptical ….
Hmmm….. Even paradoxical …!!!!
"Slum Dog Millionaire has won 8 Oscars!" --- Intriguing ….!!!
My dear fellow TMs, TM of the Day Pramodini and distinguished Guests ….. Good afternoon Wishes to you all …!
As promised, I am in front of you presenting the consolidated comments given by fellow Toastmasters and also my touch points regarding the Topic "Are the Oscars Honest?"
Views from Fellow Toastmasters:-
1) Gopi vehemently voiced that nothing is honest so as Oscars. All these awards are influenced by some people or country for specific motives.
2) Ravi elaborated further suspecting business or political motives. He also debated if the movie satisfies its director commercially and technically, nothing beats that feeling.
3) Chella Thangam choir the same view as Ravi's.
4) Dhana turns over the theme by asking the question about challenging existing systems without base. She also perceived that doing so reduces credibility.
Thanks a ton for these souls who spent their valuable time for giving comments.
These are the Ten Commandments to win the Oscars …!!!! Look, I am not here acting as MTV's Senior Cyrus Broacha. So Plz don't take it a laughing stuff.
1) Get a American Producer and Director. British also fine. Don't forget to wrap AR Rehman.
2) Take a subject which touches the heart of the people
3) Get it released in Holly Wood.
4) While choosing a subject, for an example, one night @ the call centre – Portray the worst side of life. But a word of caution – See if any previous similar movies were released and reached Oscars selection process
5) Plumb the depth. Make it technically perfect.
6) Make a movie by which every one should say, is this so bad..? We are much concerned … I would like to help them … How can I?
7) Make a visible marketing campaign for the movie and arrange for lot more previews.
8) Invite all famous celebrities and ensure to cover all major business dailies.
9) Give more interviews and advertisements.
10) Release the movie @ the right time like how slum dog had done.
If you have done all these ten points you are almost close to Oscars … But above all, matter of luck plays crucial role. Hope Kamal Hassan learns the lesson.
So my conclusion with director's touch are :-
1) I want to say positive about smiling Pinki which won an Oscar for short documentary but even that falls under my ten commandments.
2) Though famous icons like Amitabh Bachan and Shoba De felt in line with similar thoughts as mine, Lets take this event in a positive note and learn lessons from our past mistakes and take a pledge to continue our march in Academy Awards on our own.